As a registered NICEIC electrical contractor, Kane Electrical and Renewables LTD specialises in providing electrical Inspection and Testing services throughout Ireland and the UK or EICR Belfast as it is also known.
These services include full certification of new installations, as well as detailed reports on the condition of existing electrical infrastructure.
All Inspection and testing of electrical installations is carried out by our fully qualified and highly experienced electricians, who are fully compliant with the current BS7671 18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
The types of certification that are provided are as followed:
- Electrical Installation Certificate (EIC) – for new electrical installations.
- An Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) is a formal assessment of the electrical installation within any building. It must be carried out by an approved electrical contractor and assessed to whether a building is safe to use.
- Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate (MEIWC) – for an alteration to an existing electrical installation.
Recommended frequencies between electrical inspections are as followed:
- 10 years for a domestic premises.
- 5 years for a rented premises, or on change of tenancy.
- 5 years for a commercial premises.
- 3 years for an industrial premises.
Electricity at Work Regulations
The Electricity at Work Regulations state that employers are responsible for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, as well as members of the public who may be affected by their activities or omissions. Electrical Inspection and Testing is obligatory for every employer, regardless of their sector.
To discuss your Inspection and Testing needs contact Kane Electrical and Renewables Ltd for a free quote and friendly service.
We can also tailor Inspection and Testing around the client’s needs and can be done at night or during normal working hours which may help to reduce loss of productivity.